STS/SCA 2013 Online
Pricing & Purchase Information
Pricing includes access through January 31, 2014, along with the ability to claim CME credit or obtain a certificate of participation.
- STS Active/Senior/International/Associate Members: $80
- STS Pre-Candidate/Candidate Members: FREE
- Non-members: $160
Taken from the course: Intraoperative Echocardiography and Decision Making in Cardiovascular Surgery, developed by STS and the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists, this online product will include instruction on standard TEE imaging techniques, their interpretation, and their utility in the intraoperative decision-making process. Mitral valve, aortic valve, and thoracic aorta case presentations will illustrate these processes as well.
- Identify the routine imaging planes for TEE diagnosis and identification of cardiac structures;
- Correlate TEE imaging planes to cardiac anatomy;
- Verbalize how a 3D image may augment surgical decision making;
- Recognize normal and abnormal ventricular function;
- Discuss the role of echocardiography for the assessment of hemodynamic instability;
- Discuss the role of intraoperative echo in the decision-making process for patients undergoing mitral valve surgery; and
- Discuss the role of intraoperative echo in the decision-making process in aortic valve and thoracic aorta surgery.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.