STS/AATS Tech-Con 2017
January 21, 2017 • Houston, Texas
George R. Brown Convention Center
Call for Proposals
Submission Deadline: Friday, June 10, 2016
STS/AATS Tech-Con 2017 will focus on new technology that has yet to be approved by the FDA, but may become available for use in the next 1-3 years. Since content provided by commercial interests on new technologies will be allowed, CME cannot be offered for this activity.
STS welcomes you to submit a proposal(s) that describes a presentation you would like to make that focuses on new technology under development for use in the field of cardiothoracic surgery.
Please take these criteria into consideration before submitting a proposal:
- The proposal must focus on new technology.
- The product/device to be discussed must be intended for approval within 1-3 years from the time of presentation.
- This proposal must not be promotional.
- The proposal must describe the technique, application, and the patient population for which it was designed.
- Presentations will be scheduled in 5-15 minute increments. The Tech Con Task Force reserves the right to modify this timing based on program needs and content.
- Presentations will be in English. The presenter must be fluent in English.
Who can submit a proposal?
Anyone involved in the field of cardiothoracic surgery (industry representatives, surgeons, allied health professionals, academics, etc.).
Reviewers will be asked to evaluate proposals using the following criteria:
Purpose/Focus: The proposal includes clear goals/purpose and describes the target audience. The focus must be on new technology that has yet to be approved by the FDA, but is in line to be approved and available within 1-3 years from the time of presentation.
Presentation: The proposal describes content, methods/activities, and planned use of time that will engage participants, encourage reflection and critique, and achieve the goals/purpose of the proposed presentation.
Quality and Relevance: The proposal is clear, complete, well organized and relevant to the field of cardiothoracic surgery.
Important: Before you begin your proposal, please note that you must complete your submission in one sitting, as you will not be able to save it in draft status. Please do not submit multiple submissions for the same proposal. Please be sure that you have the following information ready before you begin:
- Proposal Submitter’s Information
- Presentation Title
- Practice Gaps (Needs Assessment)
- Learning Objectives
- Target Audience
If you have questions, please contact education [at] sts [dot] org.