The STS Coding Workshop is designed specifically for cardiothoracic surgery coders, surgeons, and other billing professionals who will be impacted by the new and revised codes for 2018, as well as other changes that will affect reimbursement. Sessions will be presented through scenario-based questions, problematic coding examples, extensive Q&A, and attendee interaction.
This 2.5-day Workshop will kick off with basic coding concepts critical to cardiothoracic surgery, including global services, modifiers, bundling, and other coverage considerations.
Specialty-focused sessions will provide updates on new Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) and International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) codes taking effect in 2018 for vascular, adult cardiac, general thoracic, and congenital heart surgery. Additionally, topic experts will offer solutions to common and uncommon coding issues, address relevant guidelines, and clarify CPT and ICD-10-CM coding documentation criteria.
New for 2017
- Video Challenge: Watch narrated videos of various procedures to identify the codes for the services. Faculty will then provide the recommended codes and associated documentation supporting the service.
- Stump the Experts: Ask questions or present complex coding questions to faculty for open discussion.
In addition, a session will be included on evaluation and management (E&M) coding with a focus on critical care and an update on Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and bundled payments.
Meeting attendees can reserve a room from the STS block on a first-come, first-served basis at the Loews Hollywood Hotel, 1755 N. Highland Ave., Hollywood, CA 90028. A special rate of $219 single/double per night plus state and local taxes has been confirmed. Rates are guaranteed through Thursday, October 19, 2017.You can reserve a room in the STS block online or by calling (877) 875-1604 and referencing Coding Workshop 2017.
|Early Bird Registration
Through Oct 19, 2017
Beginning Oct 20, 2017
|STS Members & Their Employees||$775||$875|
|Non-Members & Staff Unaffiliated with STS||$1,050||$1,150|
At the conclusion of this Workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe how global services, modifiers, bundling, and coverage impact cardiothoracic surgery coding;
- Identify new CPT and ICD-10-CM codes and payment polices affecting adult cardiac, general thoracic, congenital heart, and vascular surgery coding for 2018;
- Describe the common coding issues for each discipline and understand how to report these services to payers;
- Identify relevant coding issues and regulations for critical care, as well as for E&M; and
- Recognize the changes to the MIPS program and create a plan to prepare for 2018.