STS/AATS Tech-Con 2018 Call for Proposals
Submission Deadline: Friday, June 9, 2017
Tech-Con 2018 will focus on new technology that has yet to be approved by the US Food and Drug Administration, but may become available for use in the next 1-3 years. Since content provided by commercial interests on new technologies will be allowed at Tech-Con, Continuing Medical Education credit cannot be offered for this activity.
STS welcomes you to submit a proposal(s) that describes a presentation that focuses on developing technology for use in the field of cardiothoracic surgery.
Please consider the following criteria before submitting a proposal:
- The proposal must focus on new technology.
- The product/device to be discussed must be intended for FDA approval within 1-3 years from the time of presentation.
- The proposal must not be promotional.The proposal must describe the technique, application, and the patient population for which it was designed.
- If accepted, the presentation will be 5-15 minutes in duration; however, the Tech-Con Task Force reserves the right to modify this timing based on program needs and content.
- The presenter must be fluent in English (presentations will be in English).
Who can submit a proposal?
Anyone involved in the field of cardiothoracic surgery, including industry representatives, surgeons, allied health professionals, and academics.
When reviewers evaluate proposals, they will look for:
Purpose/Focus: The proposal includes clear goals/purpose and describes the target audience. The focus must be on new technology.
Presentation: The proposal describes the content, methods/activities, and planned use of time that will engage participants, encourage reflection and critique, and achieve the purpose of the proposed presentation.
Quality and Relevance: The proposal is clear, complete, well organized, and relevant to the field of cardiothoracic surgery.
Important: Please note that you must complete your submission in one sitting; you will not be able to save it in draft status. Do not submit multiple submissions for the same proposal. Please be sure that you have the following information ready before you begin:
- Proposal Submitter’s Information
- Presentation Title
- Practice Gaps (Needs Assessment)
- Learning Objectives
- Target Audience
If you have any questions, please contact the STS Education & Member Services Department at  education [at] sts [dot] org .