STS/AATS Tech-Con 2016
January 23-24 • Phoenix, AZ
Call for Proposals
Submission Deadline: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 11:59 p.m. CDT
New for 2016, Tech-Con will focus on cutting-edge technologies that are not yet FDA approved, but are expected to be reviewed by the FDA and available for use in 1-3 years. CME will not be offered for this activity.
STS welcomes you to submit a proposal(s) describing a 15-minute presentation that you would like to make on new technology under development for use in the field of cardiothoracic surgery.
Please consider the following criteria before submitting a proposal:
- The proposal must focus on new technology;
- The product/device to be discussed must be intended for FDA approval within 1-3 years from the time of presentation;
- The presentation must not be promotional; and
- The presentation must describe the technique, application, and the patient population for which the technology was designed.
Who can submit a proposal?
Anyone involved in the field of cardiothoracic surgery (surgeons, allied health care professionals, industry representatives, etc.).
Reviewers will be asked to evaluate proposals using the following criteria:
- Purpose/Focus: The proposal includes clear goals/purpose and describes the target audience. The focus must be on a new technology that has yet to be FDA approved, but is expected to be approved by the FDA and available within 1-3 years from the time of presentation.
- Presentation: The proposal describes content, methods/activities, and planned use of time that will engage participants, encourage reflection and critique, and achieve the goals/purpose of the proposed presentation.
- Quality and Relevance: The proposal is well organized and clearly describes the potential impact of the new technology on the field of cardiothoracic surgery.
Before you begin your proposal, please note that you must complete your submission in one sitting, as you will not be able to save it in draft status. Please do not submit multiple submissions for the same proposal. Please be sure that you have the following information ready before you begin:
- Proposal Submitter’s Information
- Presentation Title
- Practice Gaps (Needs Assessment)
- Learning Objectives
- Target Audience
- Speaker Information
If you have questions, please contact education [at] sts [dot] org.