STS/ELSO ECMO Management Symposium
March 10-12, 2017
USF Health Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation
Pricing - includes a copy of ELSO’s ECMO 4th Edition, Red Book !
- STS & ELSO Physician Members: $1,500
- Physician Non Members: $1,950
- STS Associate/Candidate/Pre-Candidate Members: $1,050
- Non-Member Residents/Medical Students/Allied Health: $1,150
D. Michael McMullan, Seattle, WA
Jonathan Haft, Ann Arbor, MI
Matthew D. Bacchetta, New York, NY
Robert H. Bartlett, Ann Arbor, MI
Christian A. Bermudez, Philadelphia, PA
James M. Blum, Atlanta, GA
Steven A. Conrad, Shreveport, LA
The STS/ELSO ECMO Management Symposium is a 2.5-day educational activity that is designed to provide participants with an in-depth review of contemporary extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO). An increasing number of surgeons and intensive care specialists require advanced ECMO training to provide state-of-the-art care for patients who require ECMO. Course topics will include patient selection, initiation and separation of support, and patient and circuit management, as well as management of ECMO emergencies. The course will feature several hours of high-fidelity simulation, providing participants with extensive hands-on training. The course is appropriate for both experienced and novice ECMO providers.
After participating in this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify appropriate candidates for ECMO;
- Discuss indications for Veno-Arterial and Veno-Venous ECMO;
- Perform ECMO cannulation techniques and discuss available equipment options; and
- Recognize and manage ECMO emergencies.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.