Mortality Status Thresholds for Composite Quality Ratings
In order to assure the highest level of accuracy when reporting operative mortality in the STS National Database, the following data thresholds are being implemented to determine eligibility for a composite score (star rating):
- Cases performed January 1–December 31, 2015 must have a 90% completeness threshold for fields related to operative mortality status.
- For all cases performed on or after January 1, 2016, the operative mortality fields must have a 95% completeness rate.
- For all cases performed on or after January 1, 2017, the operative mortality fields must have a 98% completeness rate.
Participants who do not meet the data completeness thresholds will not be eligible to receive a composite score (star rating) from the affected data harvest.
STS National Database Audits
Watch a recording of a webinar  that explains how Adult Cardiac Surgery Database participants can prepare for an audit.
STS Adult Cardiac Surgery Database
Version 2.81 Data Collection Forms have been updated to reflect the new temporary coded field Seq #5230 implemented at the end of April 2015. View them here .
Version 2.81 Training Manual now available here . Updated August 2016
New Data Submission Coordinator (DSC) Map
Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI) has updated its Data Submission Coordinator (DSC) map.
Each participant in the STS National Database is assigned a DSC. Please take note of the changes.
Your DSC will assist you in addressing questions related to:
1) Your National Report
2) Accessing your report online via the registry: https://outcomes.dcri.duke.edu/registry/ 
3) Obtaining a user name and password (or to reset)
4) Submission of data questions
5) Questions related to harvest timelines
6) Verifying your data submission
7) Resolving data transmission problems
8) Clarifying data quality report concerns
9) Monitoring data specification questions
10) Interpreting final report matters
2016 Harvest Schedules:
2016 Adult Cardiac Surgery Database Harvest Schedule 
2016 General Thoracic Surgery Database Harvest Schedule 
2016 Congenital Heart Surgery Database Harvest Schedule 
Participant Contact Form (PCF) updated to include the new role for Marketing Communications Contact - the individual who is responsible for all related public relations and marketing matters within your organization. (DCRI permits only one Marketing Communications Contact per facility.) The updated form is located here .
Important information regarding your Data Quality Report
Duke is now using a secured email feature to send out your Data Quality Reports. Please find detailed instructions how to receive them here .
In partnership with the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists, STS is pleased to provide its Anesthesiology Module. Please visit Anesthesiology Module  for more information on the new web-based module available for Adult Cardiac Surgery Database participants. Click here  for the Anesthesiologist Participant Contact Form.