International Database Initiatives
STS National Database: International Participation Now Available
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons is pleased to welcome international participants to the STS National Database and its three components—Adult Cardiac Surgery, Congenital Heart Surgery, and General Thoracic Surgery Databases.
Participation benefits include:
- The ability to license STS CERTIFIED SOFTWARE™ and/or STS HARVEST COMPLIANT SOFTWARE™ products from commercial vendors;
- Use of STS data specifications;
- Participation in data submissions for analysis;
- Participant data analyzed and risk-adjusted based on U.S. and Canadian risk models;
- Feedback reports with aggregate benchmark data based on U.S. and Canadian participants; and
- Online resources for educating data managers.
Requirements for international participation in the STS National Database:
- International participants must use STS CERTIFIED SOFTWARE™ and/or STS HARVEST COMPLIANT SOFTWARE™ for data collection and submission;*
- All clinical source documents and data abstraction files must be submitted in English;
- Participants are encouraged to appoint a primary data manager to ensure high quality compliance; and
- Participants are required to submit accurate and complete data (consecutive cases) for each relevant harvest period.
For information on international STS National Database participation, please contact:
Manager of Database Development
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons
633 N. St. Clair Street, Floor 23
Chicago, IL 60611 USA
*See www.sts.org/sts-national-database/database-participants/database-software-and-vendors for more information.