Now available for purchase!
The STS 17th Annual Perioperative and Critical Care Conference was a great success! If you missed the live event you now can purchase access to the digital archive. STS members receive a discounted rate!
Note: if you participated the live event, you do not need to purchase access to the digital archive. Your access to the content is available on the virtual event platform until September 1, 2021.
Participant Feedback from the Live Conference
- 98% said that they would recommend the conference to their colleagues!
- 91% described the conference as great or excellent.
- “Very real and practical information useful for daily practice”
- “Great timely topics with intelligent, thoughtful, and balanced discussion”
This activity features archived video-based content that was presented as part of the 17th Annual Perioperative and Critical Care Conference, a 3-day virtual event that took place in September 2020. The goal is to enhance knowledge and expertise in CVT critical care and ERAS. The activity includes dynamic and interactive presentations paired with panel discussions, case-based scenarios, and original scientific abstracts. It is designed for all members of the cardiovascular and thoracic critical care team. Faculty include leading international experts and other health professionals who provide care for patients undergoing CVT operations and interventional procedures. They present new and exciting concepts, technologies, management protocols, clinical experiences, and disaster/pandemic management in their respective disciplines. Purchasers will have access until September 1, 2021.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Summarize the latest concepts, technologies, and developments in cardiovascular and thoracic (CVT) perioperative and critical care, as well as enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) to improve patient outcomes
- Describe the latest protocols to provide safe and effective ERAS, cardiac critical care, and disaster/pandemic management
- Explain the importance of the interdisciplinary team in providing optimal patient-centered care for cardiac surgery patients
Available Continuing Education Credits*
CME = 20.5
Nursing Contact Hours = 21.7
CEUs = 16.5
You’ll need your STS Member ID to receive the discounted member rate. Database participation is not the same as STS membership (e.g., Active or Associate Membership). Your 6-digit STS Member ID is not your site or Database participant ID. For help with your STS Member ID, please contact Member Services.
Contact Michele Rush, Senior Manager for Education.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
STS designates this enduring material for a maximum of 20.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education Credit
This learning activity was jointly planned and implemented by Corexcel and The Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
Corexcel is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). This educational program provides a maximum of 21.7 contact hours.
This program has been approved by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion for a maximum of 16.5 CEUs. Perfusionists should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.