Now available for purchase!
The 2020 Advances in Quality & Outcomes (AQO): A Data Managers Meeting was a great success! If you missed the live event, you now can purchase access to the digital archive.
Note: if you participated the live event, you have continued access to the content on the virtual event platform until October 12, 2021.
This activity features archived, video-based content that was presented as part of 2020 Advances in Quality & Outcomes (AQO): A Data Managers Meeting, a virtual event that took place this fall. Access to the digital archive includes all content presented across the four components of the STS National Database.
During the meeting, data managers and surgeon leaders came together virtually to share valuable research and best practices with the goal of improving data collection and patient outcomes. Sessions offer the latest information about the Database, including version upgrades and new features, and use a case-based learning format designed to help viewers advance their registry coding skills. Purchasers will have access until October 12, 2021.
Participant Feedback from the Live Conference
- “Really enjoyed all of the presentations and presenters. Probably one of the best conferences I have participated in.”
- “I attended [other meetings] to get education as well, and STS shared information that was more relevant to our day-to-day work as data managers.”
- “The presentations were professional and full of great information.”
Upon completion of the Intermacs/Pedimacs program, participants will be able to:
- Describe new Pedimacs features
- Explain the Intermacs version upgrade
- Discuss how to use the Intermacs Database for internal quality improvement
- Summarize how to capture and code the 6-minute walk
- Identify how missingness in the Intermacs Database can influence findings
- Summarize the heart team concept
- Administer quality of life (QOL) surveys properly and assess how missingness of QOL surveys affects data
Upon completion of the GTSD program, participants will be able to:
- Explain the staging, diagnoses, surgical procedures, and complication abstraction and coding for lung and esophageal cancer cases
- Describe how to accurately abstract and code tracheal resection cases
- Discuss the grading of complications
- Identify data components of the risk model and discuss star ratings
- Explain how to accurately count nodes
Upon completion of the ACSD program, participants will be able to:
- Describe conditions of the aorta and explain aorta data collection elements
- Explain how to accurately abstract and code mitral valve cases
- Describe the Maze procedure and guidelines for treatment of atrial fibrillation
- Identify how to code assist devices
- Summarize how to capture the deteriorating patient
- Discuss how to code incidents and spacing
Upon completion of the CHSD program, participants will be able to:
- Summarize the anesthesia section of the CHSD
- Discuss STAT scores
- Explain how to accurately abstract and code preop factors
- Identify common findings and key mistakes in the 2019 audit
- Describe the Ross procedure
- Explain the risk model variables
- Describe how to code adults with congenital heart disease
Access to the AQO 2020 digital archive costs $200. The digital archive includes the entirety of content presented during the meeting, including interactive live and on-demand sessions, plus e-posters. Continuing education credit is not available.
Contact Emily Conrad, Senior Coordinator, STS National Database