Registration is open!
Please provide your contact information if you would like to receive updates about the event. A full agenda with speakers and session titles will be available in the coming weeks.
The STS 2021 Coding Workshop: Best Practices for Cardiothoracic Surgery is a 2-day virtual event that will provide cardiothoracic surgery coders, surgeons, and all billing professionals with the latest coding and reimbursement updates affecting cardiothoracic surgical practices.
Delivered through an online platform, the event will feature live sessions at scheduled times and recorded sessions that you can watch at your convenience. Sessions will be presented using scenario-based questions and challenging coding examples, with ample time for attendee Q&A during the live portions. Additionally, participants will have access to a series of supplemental online modules to enhance their coding knowledge.
Topics include coding and reimbursement changes specific to all areas of cardiovascular and thoracic surgery. Special attention will be paid to new and updated office/outpatient Evaluation and Management (E/M) codes for 2021. The course also will include a session on the physician’s role in documentation and reimbursement.
Cardiothoracic surgery coders, surgeons, office managers, medical billing specialists, physician assistants, nurses, and anyone else involved in the coding, reimbursement, and compliance efforts for the cardiothoracic surgery team.
Continuing Education Credits
STS is currently seeking approval from AHIMA and AAPC for Coding CEUs. Additional information will be provided upon approval from the accrediting bodies.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify new CPT codes, updates and payment policies affecting cardiothoracic surgery coding for 2021
- Complete the documentation required to support relevant diagnoses, services rendered, and medical necessity for a patient encounter
- Explain the importance of specificity and identification of services provided in a patient encounter
- Define coding and reimbursement criteria required to identify and capture relevant documentation elements efficiently
- Describe common coding issues for each discipline and how they should be reported and resolved
- Summarize the 2021 changes to the E/M codes and guidelines
- Interpret the necessary documentation and regulations relevant to critical care and cardiothoracic surgery E/M services
(through Jan. 14)
(Jan. 15 – Feb. 13)
|STS Members and Their Employees*||$200||$250|
|Non-Members and Staff Unaffiliated with an STS Member||$250||$300|
*An STS Member ID (6-digits) is required to receive the discounted member rate. Database participation is not the same as STS membership. A Database participant ID is different from an STS Member ID. For help with an STS Member ID, please contact Member Services.