The new STS Coronary Conference will address the most common type of heart disease and connect surgeon attendees with advanced educational content on the latest techniques for coronary artery bypass surgery presented by experts from around the globe.
The 2-day conference will include didactic presentations, “How I Do It” video sessions on surgical techniques, practical tips and tricks, abstracts sessions, and case-based panel discussions. Audience participation and interactivity will be highly encouraged throughout the meeting sessions.
Session topics will focus on the current state of revascularization, conduit selection and harvest, graft configuration, off- and on-pump coronary artery bypass graft (CABG), endarterectomy, low ejection fraction, minimally invasive CABG, myocardial revascularization, CABG and fractional flow reserve, and post-operative medical therapy.
Course and Program Directors
Marc Ruel, MD, MPH, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joseph F. Sabik III, MD, Cleveland, OH, USA
Sigrid Sandner, MD, Vienna, Austria
David Glineur, MD, PhD, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the latest advances in coronary artery surgery
- Identify the imaging and non-invasive diagnostic testing methods for CABG
- Define the cardiologist’s role and perspectives on coronary artery revascularization and coronary artery disease treatment
- Describe and demonstrate on-pump CABG/off-pump CABG methods, as well as minimally invasive CABG methods
- Describe and demonstrate the various techniques in conduit harvesting
- Describe and demonstrate the various master techniques in graft configuration
- Delineate the specific challenges in coronary surgery by different patient populations
- Outline the strategies for postoperative medical therapy
(April 14–June 5)
|STS Physician Member||$800|
|STS Allied Health Member||$400|
|STS Medical Student or STS Resident/Fellow Member||$250|
|Allied Health Non-Member||$500|
|Medical Student or Resident/Fellow Non-Member||$300|
*An STS Member ID (6 digits) is required to receive the discounted member rate. Database participation is not the same as STS membership. A Database participant ID is different from an STS Member ID. For help with an STS Member ID, please contact Member Services.
Ethical MedTech Compliance
The 2022 STS Coronary Conference has been assessed by Ethical MedTech and is COMPLIANT with the MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Physician Assistants (PAs) may claim AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for completing this activity.