The STS Workshop on Robotic Cardiac Surgery will offer extensive hands-on procedural experience and complementary lectures to surgeons and their team members of all skill levels. Each team will have the opportunity to perform robotic cardiac surgery procedures in a realistic simulation environment under the guidance of expert surgeons. New this year, teams will select a preferred track upon registration: Robotic Mitral Valve Repair & Other Intracardiac Procedures or Robotic Coronary Artery Bypass.
This course was designed for cardiac surgery teams (cardiothoracic surgeons, bedside assistants, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, operating room staff, cardiac anesthesiologists, perfusionists, or others involved with cardiac robotic surgeries).
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Outline steps and discuss the finances needed to launch a robotic cardiac surgery program within a hospital setting
- Summarize surgical plans for robotic cardiac surgery procedures from beginning to end
- Outline preoperative evaluation, patient selection, and postoperative care pathways
- Describe the multidisciplinary components of building a robotic cardiac surgery program, including hospital administration and health care team personnel
- Identify the ideal prerequisites for surgeon/team selection and the hospital/program selection for starting and sustaining a robotic cardiac surgery program
- Demonstrate the basic steps to perform a robotic mitral valve repair procedure and a robotic-assisted coronary artery bypass procedure
|2-person team (surgeon member + bedside assistant)||$1,900|
|2-person team (surgeon non-member + bedside assistant)||$2,300|
|Each additional team member (non-surgeon only)||$700|
|STS physician member (singleton)||$1,100|
|Non-member physician (singleton)||$1,300|
Prices reflect early bird registration rates. After March 27, 2020, prices increase by $100.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners (475 Technology Parkway, Peachtree Corners, GA 30092). The special group rate is $159, plus state and local taxes. This rate is available until Friday, May 6, 2020, on a first-come, first-served basis. There are two ways to reserve a room in the STS block:
- Make your reservation online.
- Call 770-263-8558 and reference “STS”.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Ethical MedTech Compliance
The STS Workshop on Robotic Cardiac Surgery has been assessed by Ethical MedTech and is COMPLIANT with the MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice.