Important Information Regarding Annual Meeting Manuscript Submissions
- For each abstract that is presented orally or as a scientific poster during the STS Annual Meeting, a corresponding manuscript must also be submitted to The Annals of Thoracic Surgery for publication consideration before or at the time of the meeting.
- Authors must submit manuscripts separately via The Annals online submission system, www.editorialmanager.com/annals.
- Publication of manuscripts in The Annals of Thoracic Surgery is not assured.
- If a manuscript is not submitted to The Annals prior to or at the time of the STS Annual Meeting, a 2-year period of ineligibility for participation in the STS Annual Meeting will be imposed upon all manuscript authors. The Editor of The Annals, at his or her sole discretion, may provide the author(s) with an extension of time in which to submit the manuscript when unusual circumstances are presented. The same 2-year sanction rules apply to each abstract returned for revision that is not resubmitted within one calendar year of the request for the revision.
- All manuscripts shall become the property of the Society.