2022 STS Coronary Conference Online
Experience the inaugural STS Coronary Conference from anywhere in the world! Receive unlimited access to the content delivered at the conference in June 2022 by purchasing Coronary Conference Online. View the sessions at your convenience, then claim continuing medical education credit. The digital archive provides purchasers with 17 hours of expert-led content covering the most common type of heart disease and the latest techniques for coronary artery bypass surgery. Session topics focus on the current state of revascularization, conduit selection and harvest, graft configuration, off- and on-pump coronary artery bypass graft (CABG), endarterectomy, low ejection fraction, minimally invasive CABG, myocardial revascularization, CABG and fractional flow reserve, and post-operative medical therapy.
Access to the content and opportunity to claim CME credits will be available until August 15, 2023.
Conference Attendees: To access the library of on-demand content, log into the STS Learning Center. Then go to “In Progress” courses on the dashboard or look in the “My Activities” tab.
Hear from satisfied attendees:
“Many high-yield coronary topics presented by experts around the world. It was very technique-focused.”
“In-depth and nuanced presentations and discussion on advanced treatment of coronary artery disease. You learn the difference between driving a Ford and a Maserati.”
Course and Program Directors
Marc Ruel, MD, MPH, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joseph F. Sabik III, MD, Cleveland, OH, USA
Sigrid Sandner, MD, Vienna, Austria
David Glineur, MD, PhD, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the latest advances in coronary artery surgery
- Identify the imaging and non-invasive diagnostic testing methods for CABG
- Define the cardiologist’s role and perspectives on coronary artery revascularization and coronary artery disease treatment
- Describe and demonstrate on-pump CABG/off-pump CABG methods, as well as minimally invasive CABG methods
- Describe and demonstrate the various techniques in conduit harvesting
- Describe and demonstrate the various master techniques in graft configuration
- Delineate the specific challenges in coronary surgery by different patient populations
- Outline the strategies for postoperative medical therapy
Contact the STS Education Department
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons designates this enduring material for a maximum of 17.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Physician Assistants (PAs) may claim AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for completing this activity.