AQO Early Bird Reg and Housing Deadlines Approach
Two important deadlines are approaching for the 2018 Advances in Quality & Outcomes: A Data Managers Meeting, September 26-28 in Los Angeles:
- Registration—Complete your meeting registration online or via mail-in form by August 29 to save $100.
- Housing—Reserve your housing by August 29 to receive the special STS rate at the Loews Hollywood Hotel.
This popular annual event highlights what’s new with the STS National Database and offers valuable educational sessions on evidence-based practice to improve outcomes, as well as important networking opportunities. New this year, a discussion on the Intermacs Database will be included during the Adult Cardiac Surgery Database track on Thursday afternoon. View the preliminary agenda, and if you need a personalized justification letter to attend the meeting, fill out this form.
Intermacs Version 5.1 Released
A major update to the Intermacs registry rolled out last week. The version 5.1 release contains upgrades to the cosmetic look of the system, as well as a redesign of the background processing, which will facilitate faster corrections to data entry errors. This is purely a functional upgrade to the system and does not modify the data collection elements or usage of the system in any way; therefore, no retraining is required. The changes include:
- New look for the entire site, including more consistent navigation elements, buttons, and layout;
- More user information, such as current role and last login date/time, which is viewable from all pages in the system;
- Redesigned report menu to assist users in downloading reports and easily seeing what features are available;
- New layout for the Patient Summary to more clearly indicate the status of each form and allow for future additions; and
- More flexible format for storing device details, which does not affect data entry but allows for greater ease of changes.
Enter Implant Data by September 30 for Q3 Reports
Please make sure to enter all implants by September 30 so that they are included in the Q3 data quality and quality assurance reports. The reports will be distributed by December 31.
Check Out New LVAD Page on STS Patient Website
The Society’s patient website, ctsurgerypatients.org, provides easily understandable information, videos, and graphics on cardiothoracic diseases, as well as what to expect before, during, and after surgery. A page on Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVADs) recently was added to the website. The page explains what LVADs are and how they work, as well as describes what life is like with an LVAD, using layman’s terms and a combination of text and images. Make sure to share this important resource with patients at your institution—handouts are available for download in both English and Spanish.
Contact STS with Questions, Updates
In order to ensure that your questions and concerns are answered in a timely manner, please follow these procedures when communicating with the Society: