Do you have any colleagues who should be receiving STS National Database News? Fill out this form, and they will be added to the mailing list for future issues.
Reports to Include Enhancements
When the scheduled June 30 Intermacs reports are released next week, you should notice a number of enhancements and other new features:
- The Quality Assurance Report - 2019 Q1 will contain information from patients with a prior history of support devices used in a hospital (hospitalization or receiving LVAD, RVAD, TAH within 48 hours) on the pre-implant form. The Report is not based on what happened in prior implantation hospitalization (previous cardiac surgeries using LVAD, RVAD, TAH). Recent Reports for patients with prior VAD will contain the same information as the Cumulative Reports; however, they will be limited to the most recently completed calendar year.
- A new Pump Thrombus exhibit will be added so that pump thrombus events can be separated from device malfunction events.
These new report enhancements were among the requests received from Intermacs data managers. Additional requests can be directed to Kathryn Hollifield at email@example.com.
Next Data Entry Deadline is June 30
Please ensure that Intermacs and Pedimacs data are entered by June 30 to be included in the Q2 Data Quality and Quality Assurance Reports. The reports will be distributed by September 30.
AQO Early Bird Reg and Housing Deadlines Approach
Three important deadlines are approaching for the 2019 Advances in Quality & Outcomes: A Data Managers Meeting, October 23-25 in New Orleans:
- Data Manager Survey: Please take 5 minutes by August 16 to complete an important survey and let us know how often you submit data to the STS National Database, how long it takes you to abstract data, how you use analysis reports, and other Database-related details. The results will be revealed at the AQO Meeting.
- Registration: Complete your meeting registration online by August 23 before prices increase.
- Housing: A special STS guaranteed rate is offered through Wednesday, October 2. Reserve your housing at the New Orleans Marriott.
This popular annual event highlights what’s new with the STS National Database and offers important networking opportunities and valuable educational sessions on evidence-based practice to improve outcomes. View the preliminary agenda, and if you need a personalized justification letter to attend the meeting, fill out this form.
Adult Heart Transplantation Information Available for Patients
The Society’s patient website, ctsurgerypatients.org, provides easily understandable information on cardiothoracic diseases using text, videos, graphics, and animations. The Adult Heart Transplantation page explains how to prepare for heart transplantation, the operation, and recovery for this operation. If you interact with patients at your institution, make sure to share this important resource—handouts are available for download in both English and Spanish. If you have feedback or questions about the patient website, contact Jennifer Bagley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer to Be a Database Mentor
Mentors are still needed for the STS National Database Mentorship Program. Sign up as a mentor today.
Become an STS Member
Take advantage of the benefits that come with STS Membership. Find out how to apply today.