Final Days to Register for AQO Meeting
The 2019 Advances in Quality & Outcomes: A Data Managers Meeting begins next week; however, there is still time to register for this important conference, October 23-25 in New Orleans. This year’s AQO Meeting will not only provide you with important and timely tips on improving data collection and abstraction, but also will give you an exciting opportunity to attend the inaugural full-day track dedicated exclusively to Intermacs participants! Using a case-based learning format, the Intermacs track on Wednesday, October 23 will focus on patient-reported outcomes, new adverse event definitions, and the 2020 version upgrade. Register today and reserve your housing; registration also will be available onsite. If you need a personalized justification letter to attend the meeting, fill out this form.
Mark Your Calendars for the STS Annual Meeting
Registration and housing are now open for the STS 56th Annual Meeting, January 25-28 in New Orleans. This will be the perfect opportunity to meet with surgeon leaders, STS Database staff, and regional data managers. Some of the featured educational content for 2020 includes:
- Updates on the next generation STS National Database
- Using the STS National Database for Research
- Temporary Mechanical Support for Post-Cardiotomy Shock
- Keynote lectures from Drs. Clyde W. Yancy and Bartley P. Griffith
Quick Hits: Data Quality Report Verifications, Q2 Reports, Report Additions
- Data Quality Report exhibit verifications should be sent to Maceo Cleggett, Clinical Data Analyst from the University of Alabama at Birmingham Data Warehouse, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Quality Assurance and Data Quality Reports for Q2 were distributed the week of September 30. If you have any questions, review the FAQs.
- Any requests for Intermacs report additions should be sent to email@example.com.
Heart Failure Information Available for Patients
The Society’s patient website, ctsurgerypatients.org, offers immediate and easy access to expert, multimedia content on cardiothoracic diseases and operations. The Heart Failure page includes detailed information on the causes and symptoms of heart failure, diagnosis and treatment options, as well as tips for recovery. If you interact with patients at your institution, make sure to share this important resource—handouts are available for download in both English and Spanish. If you have feedback or questions about the patient website, contact Jennifer Bagley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign Up for Database Mentorship Program
The STS National Database mentorship program will pair experienced data managers with those who are seeking advice related to data abstraction. After filling out questionnaires, potential mentors and mentees will be matched based on Database type, experience in specific areas, and other factors. To apply as either a mentor or mentee, please complete the appropriate form. You will be notified once you have been matched. If you have questions about the program, contact Emily Conrad at email@example.com.