A major transformation is occurring to the STS National Database—the "crown jewel" of The Society of Thoracic Surgeons—a transformation that has been in the works for more than a year.
STS has partnered with a leading global provider of advanced technology solutions to help:
- Speed innovation
- Incorporate a cloud-based system
- Streamline data collection
Beginning in early 2020, you will see:
- More than a 30% reduction in data fields (Adult Cardiac)
- Real-time access to your data (Adult Cardiac)
- New dashboard reporting (Congenital and General Thoracic)
- STAT category and risk model updates (Congenital)
- New staging (General Thoracic)
These changes not only represent the next generation STS National Database, but they also mean easier access to data for quality improvement that will lead to better outcomes for patients.
STS is making a significant investment in these improvements. Members, hospitals, government agencies, payers, and others rely on data from the Database. It is critical for the specialty to stay on the leading edge of innovation and quality improvement, and these changes to the Database will do just that.