Minor Data Request – For Research Purposes
Minor data requests (MDRs) are intended to assist investigators as they prepare for full scientific proposal submissions by testing the feasibility of their hypotheses. If you are seeking data for non-research/internal quality improvement purposes, please use the MDR for Quality Improvement. Data generated for a minor data request does not include multivariable modeling or complex statistical analysis and cannot be combined with or compared against externally sourced data. Additionally, results from research MDRs may not be used for external scientific presentation or publication.
In general, minor data requests cannot exceed 4 hours of analytics time and are reviewed by the A&P chair for the related registry component. On a case-by-case basis, component chairs and the A&P Task Force Chair may consider requests that require additional hours.
Minor Data Request Review Process
- STS receives a data request form and sends an email response to the requestor to confirm receipt.
- STS sends the form via email to the appropriate A&P component chair to request review.
- The chair reviews the form and either grants or denies approval. If the minor data request is not approved, STS notifies the requestor accordingly. If approved, the request continues through the review process.
- The designated data analytics center (DAC) generates an estimate of hours required to complete the requested analysis.
- If 4 hours or fewer are required, STS notifies the requestor regarding the approval of his/her request and the DAC begins work.
- If more than 4 hours are required, the DAC notifies STS, the A&P Task Force Chair, and the appropriate committee chair for consideration.
- Progress updates from the DAC are shared with the requestor, as available, until analyses are completed. The DAC will provide data to the requestor in the appropriate electronic format.