Minor data requests (MDRs) for research purposes are intended to assist investigators as they prepare for full scientific proposal submissions by testing the feasibility of their hypotheses. MDRs for quality improvement submitted through this page will not be considered.
- The intended use of research minor data requests is for preparation of a full scientific proposal submission to an STS Research Program (e.g. Participant User File [PUF]). Research minor data request results cannot be used for external presentation or publication.
- MDR results reports will not include multivariable modeling or complex statistical analysis and cannot be combined with or compared against externally sourced data.
- Minor data requests generally cannot exceed 4 hours of analytics time.
Minor Data Request Review Process
- STS receives a research MDR webform submission and sends an email response to the requestor to confirm receipt.
- The research MDR is reviewed for eligibility and completeness. STS subsequently sends the MDR via email to the appropriate Access & Publications (A&P) component chair to request review.
- The Chair reviews the MDR and either grants or denies approval. If the MDR is not approved, STS notifies the requestor accordingly. If approved, the request continues through the review process.
- The designated data analytics center (DAC) generates an estimate of hours required to complete the requested analysis.
- If 4 hours or fewer are required, STS notifies the requestor regarding the approval of his/her request and the DAC begins work.
- If more than 4 hours are required, the DAC notifies STS, the A&P Task Force Chair, and the appropriate Committee Chair for consideration.
- Progress updates from the DAC are shared with the requestor, as available, until analyses are completed. The DAC will provide MDR data to the requestor in the appropriate electronic format.
For more information, contact Jessica Rodriguez.