STS Legislative Advocacy Center
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons is pleased to present the February 2015 issue of STS Advocacy Monthly, an e-newsletter with the latest and most important regulatory and legislative news relevant to cardiothoracic surgery. We hope you find it of interest. If you have comments or suggestions, please e-mail advocacy [at] sts [dot] org.
1. CMS Agrees to Cover Lung Cancer Screening
2. Congress Turns Attention to Medical Innovation
3. STS Supports Bill to Clarify How Common Rule Impacts Registries
4. TVT Registry Highlighted in HealthAffairs Briefing
5. Video Available on Consequences of Global Surgical Payment Elimination
6. Attend the April Legislative Fly-In
7. New STS-PAC Board Created
Watch this video on the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services' proposal to eliminate the global
surgical payment system. Drs. Keith S. Naunheim, Jeffrey B. Rich, Peter K. Smith, and Alan
M. Speir discuss how this change may negatively affect both surgeons and patients.