Representing more than 7,400 surgeons, researchers, and allied health care professionals in cardiothoracic surgery around the world, STS provides a broad range of opportunities and benefits to help you grow professionally and ultimately serve patients better.
Not yet a member?
Whether you're a cardiothoracic surgeon, resident, medical student, an allied health practitioner, or simply interested in the field of cardiothoracic surgery, there is an STS Membership category for you! Learn more.
Use the navigation to the left to renew your membership or search for other STS Members.
If you have questions regarding membership, please contact STS Member Services at Membership or call (312) 202-5800.
- Complimentary subscription to the Society’s prestigious peer-reviewed journal, The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, including access to free CME exercises
- Opportunity to join leadership in developing and implementing programs to advance the interests of the specialty
- Discounted participation fees for the STS National Database and free PQRS submissions for participants in the Adult Cardiac Surgery Database
- Discounted registration to the Society’s Annual Meeting and STS/AATS Tech-Con
- Member listing in the online STS Membership Directory
- Complimentary print subscription to the Society’s quarterly newsletter, STS News
- Complimentary access to STS Advocacy Monthly, the e-newsletter with the latest regulatory and legislative information
- A personal web page on the online cardiothoracic surgery network, CTSNet.org
- Discounted registration rates for the STS Coding Workshop, AQO Meeting, webinars, and other educational programs and products offered by the Society
- Discounted registration rates for third-party educational programs endorsed by the Society
- Information and opportunities for action on legislative and regulatory issues affecting the specialty
- Representation in all facets of organized medicine, including the AMA RUC that establishes physician reimbursement
- Networking with the largest group of cardiothoracic surgeons worldwide