The conference platform is now live!
Registrants can now explore the event platform and access content including on-demand sessions and e-posters and create a custom schedule. When browsing live and on-demand sessions, industry-sponsored presentations, e-posters, and social events, click the star icon to make it a favorite. You easily can access your favorites under “My Schedule.”
To access the conference platform, you’ll be directed to sign into the STS web portal with your existing username and password—the same one that you used to register. If you need assistance with your STS login details, contact Member Services at 312-202-5800 or email@example.com.
Not yet registered? Register now!
The goal of the 3-day virtual event is to enhance your knowledge and expertise in cardiovascular and thoracic (CVT) critical care and enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS). Delivered through an online platform, the event includes interactive live sessions at scheduled times and recorded programs that you can watch at your convenience. New for 2020, an entire day of sessions will be dedicated to COVID-19 and disaster management. The sessions will give participants the chance to learn from and contribute to the experiences of leading centers in optimizing preoperative and postoperative care to improve outcomes. Attendees will be able to earn physician, perfusion and nursing credit. Each day of the 2020 meeting is dedicated to a single topic:
- Thursday, September 24 – Enhanced Recovery After Surgery
- Friday, September 25 – COVID-19/Disaster Management
- Saturday, September 26 – Hot Topics in CVT Critical Care
You’ll need your STS Member ID to receive the discounted member rate. Database participation is not the same as STS membership (e.g., Active or Associate Membership). Your 6-digit STS Member ID is not your site or Database participant ID. For help with your STS Member ID, please contact Member Services.
- Registration: Amy Cacich, Senior Coordinator, Meetings and Conventions, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Abstract Submission and Program: Michele Rush, Senior Manager for Education, at email@example.com.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Summarize the latest concepts, technologies, and developments in CVT perioperative and critical care, as well as ERAS to improve patient outcomes
- Describe the latest protocols to provide safe and effective ERAS, cardiac critical care, and disaster/pandemic management
- Explain the importance of the interdisciplinary team in providing optimal patient-centered care for cardiac surgery patients
Continuing Education Credits
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons designates this other activity (blended live and enduring material) for a maximum of 18.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This educational program is estimated to provide a maximum of 16.8 continuing education units and 14.0 contact hours, pending review by The American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion and Corexcel.
Corexcel is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.