Become an STS member and join the most inclusive and influential cardiothoracic surgery society in the world. Membership in the Society is an investment in yourself, your career, and the specialty. Whether you're a cardiothoracic surgeon, resident, medical student, an allied health practitioner, or simply interested in the field of cardiothoracic surgery, there is an STS Membership category for you!
What You Receive
- Complimentary digital subscription to the Society’s prestigious peer-reviewed journal, The Annals of Thoracic Surgery
- Surgeon members living in the US, Canada, Mexico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, and the Northern Mariana Islands also receive print issues.
- Surgeon members in all other countries are eligible to purchase print issues for an additional $40 per calendar year.
- Networking with and mentorship from the largest group of cardiothoracic surgeons worldwide, thought leaders, and subject-matter experts
- Opportunities to join leadership in developing and implementing programs to advance the interests of the specialty
- The strength of STS' advocacy arm in Washington, D.C., which guides and influences policymakers on issues important to cardiothoracic surgeons, as well as training for and involvement in grassroots advocacy activities
- Discounted member registration rates for the STS Annual Meeting, live educational programs, and e-learning products
- Access to CME and other types of continuing education and participation credits
- Opportunities for discounted participation fees in the STS National Database
- Access to Cardiothoracic Surgery News, an exclusive daily email briefing that keeps you informed about the specialty and other relevant medical news from around the world
Before You Apply
You’ll need to complete your application in one sitting, so have the following ready before you start your application:
- License and certification information (type, number, and year) (not applicable for medical student category only)
- Current CV in English
- Name and email address of an STS member to verify via email your appropriateness for membership
- Resident/Fellow applicants must provide name and email address of a program director.
- Associate, Associate Physician, and Medical Student applicants can provide name and email of a program director, faculty member, or STS member.
- Credit or debit card to process application fees and payments; payment will be processed upon submission
*If you do not know an STS member, contact STS Member Services for assistance before you submit your application.
STS membership dues paid at the time of application are for the current calendar year. The STS membership year runs from January-December with dues renewable by December 31 every year.
|Surgeons living in the United States*
|Surgeons living in Canada*
|Surgeons living outside the United States and Canada*
|Surgeons living in low or lower middle income countries, per the World Bank*
* There is a one-time initiation fee of $250. This initiation fee is waived for STS Resident/Fellow Members who become Surgeon Members within 2 years of certification, EACTS and ESTS members, and members of ASCVTS in low or lower middle income countries defined by the World Bank.
** No application for Senior or Honorary Member.
***STS is pleased to offer a dues waiver for United States active duty service members. Learn more and complete the Active Duty Service Member Dues Waiver.
For more information, contact STS Member Services or call 312-202-5800.