Building off of the very successful and well-received 2020 STS Leadership Summit, the Society is offering a new course series designed to help early to mid-career cardiothoracic surgeons build and hone their leadership skills.
The 2021-2022 series will include three 60-minute webinars and one in-person event, adjacent to STS 2022 in Miami Beach, Florida. Details about the in-person capstone event—a half-day STS Leadership Institute on Friday, January 28, in Miami Beach, Florida—will be released this fall. The Leadership Institute will have limited attendance and be available to surgeons in the first 8 years of practice who have watched the 3 webinars in the series and applied and been selected through an application process.
Moderated by Melanie A. Edwards, MD, and Dawn Hui, MD, “Promoting Your Brand" will feature a diverse set of surgeon leaders who will explain how you can elevate your profile and artfully self-promote, lead through communication, and make an impact by utilizing engaging and effective messaging.
This educational opportunity is for STS members only.
The first two webinars are now available. The first webinar was "Leading During Crisis," moderated by Mara B. Antonoff, MD, and Ram Kumar Subramanyan, MD, PhD. The second webinar was "Building Your Practice and Your Brand," moderated by Robert S.D. Higgins, MD, MSHA, and Anita R. Krueger, MD.
- Log into the STS Web Portal and click “Online Education" (Note: If you RSVP'd in advance, please skip to step #5)
- Find “STS Leadership Series: Leading During Crisis” and click "Add to Cart”
- Click “View Cart” then “Checkout” (there is no charge)
- Once you check out, the product will appear in the STS Learning Center
- Log into the STS Learning Center
- On the Dashboard, go to “In Progress” or look in the “My Activities” tab
(If you do not remember your login credentials, contact email@example.com.)
More information will be added to this webpage in the coming weeks.