Building off of the very successful and well-received 2020 STS Leadership Summit, the Society is offering a new course series designed to help early to mid-career cardiothoracic surgeons build and hone their leadership skills.
The 2021-2022 series will include three 60-minute webinars and one in-person event, adjacent to STS 2022 in Miami Beach, Florida. Each webinar will feature leaders who offer insight, helpful tips, and lessons learned on matters that cardiothoracic surgeons may experience as they advance in their careers.
Save the date for the next webinar, "Promoting Your Brand," on Thursday, October 7, at 7:00 p.m. ET.
This educational opportunity is for STS members only.
The first two webinars are now available. The first webinar was "Leading During Crisis," moderated by Mara B. Antonoff, MD, and Ram Kumar Subramanyan, MD, PhD. The second webinar was "Building Your Practice and Your Brand," moderated by Robert S.D. Higgins, MD, MSHA, and Anita R. Krueger, MD.
- Log into the STS Web Portal and click “Online Education" (Note: If you RSVP'd in advance, please skip to step #5)
- Find “STS Leadership Series: Leading During Crisis” and click "Add to Cart”
- Click “View Cart” then “Checkout” (there is no charge)
- Once you check out, the product will appear in the STS Learning Center
- Log into the STS Learning Center
- On the Dashboard, go to “In Progress” or look in the “My Activities” tab
(If you do not remember your login credentials, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Future webinars will focus on the critical skills needed to build a successful surgical workforce, effective communications, negotiations and conflict resolutions, managing yourself and other people, and giving effective feedback.
More information will be added to this webpage in the coming weeks.