STS no longer is accepting applications for the 2022 STS Looking to the Future (LTTF) Scholarship Program.
The primary goal of the scholarship is to provide mentorship for the best and brightest medical students or general surgery residents in hopes of encouraging them to pursue careers in cardiothoracic surgery.
Benefits of the 2022 LTTF Scholarship include:
- Complimentary registration for STS 2022—the Society’s 58th Annual Meeting—being held January 29-31, in Miami Beach, FL
- A 3-night stay at an STS-designated hotel
- Participation in exclusive events
- Reimbursement of up to $500 in related travel expenses
The following are eligible to apply:
- Medical students training at an institution in the United States or Canada
- Clinical PGY1, PGY2, or PGY3 general surgery residents training at an institution in the United States or Canada
- General surgery residents on dedicated research time who have not started their PGY4 clinical year training at an institution in the United States or Canada
Priority will be given to applicants who have not attended a national cardiothoracic surgery meeting or received another CT surgery meeting scholarship (such as AATS Member for a Day Scholarship, STSA Brooks Scholarship, or WTS Scholarship). Please note previous LTTF Scholarship recipients are not eligible; however, previous applicants are encouraged to re-apply.
Since 2006, LTTF scholarships have been awarded to 670 aspiring cardiothoracic surgeons.
The deadline to submit application materials was Thursday, September 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. CT.
Notifications will be sent to applicants in November 2021.
Email Rachel Pebworth.