The Advocacy section of the STS website offers the latest and most important regulatory and legislative news and resources relevant to cardiothoracic surgery.
- Visit the Legislative Action Center to learn about issues affecting the specialty, and write or call your members of Congress to let them know what you think.
- Contribute to STS-PAC and see how your contributions are making a difference.
- Get involved. Sign up to be an STS Key Contact and help build relationships while advocating for the specialty. There are many types of advocacy opportunities available.
- Check out On the Record to view public statements pertaining to the regulatory issues that affect cardiothoracic surgeons.
- For a snapshot of the Society’s main advocacy goals this year, view the STS Advocacy Priorities.
- The next STS Legislative Fly-In has been scheduled for July 15-16, 2019.
- An updated policy paper on graduate medical education has been released.
- STS has adopted a position statement on maintenance of certification.
STS Advocacy Monthly is a monthly newsletter providing a summary of STS activities to support cardiothoracic surgery initiatives in Washington, DC.
Physician Clinical Registry Coalition
STS is a member of the Physician Clinical Registry Coalition, which advocates for a legal and public policy environment that recognizes and supports the positive role that clinical data registries play in collecting, analyzing, and sharing clinical information, identifying trends and best practices, and improving clinical outcomes and quality patient care.