AQO registrants can log in to view content and claim credit. Access the library of session recordings, on-demand content, and e-posters housed on the meeting platform. Plus, each registry will host an AQO Hot Topics webinar in January 2023; we will bring back meeting speakers and give virtual attendees a chance to ask questions. The meeting includes valuable research and best practices from STS National Database professionals, all with the goal of improving data collection and patient outcomes.
Hot Topics Webinars
- Adult Cardiac Surgery Database – Monday, January 9, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. CT
- Intermacs/Pedimacs – Thursday, January 12, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. CT
- General Thoracic Surgery Database – Friday, January 13, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. CT
- Congenital Heart Surgery Database – Thursday, January 19, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. CT
Attendees and virtual pass buyers who wish to claim continuing education credit for AQO must complete an evaluation by Saturday, January 28, 2023.
Educational Disclosure Policy
This meeting is being provided through an educational partnership between Corexcel and The Society of Thoracic Surgeons. American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Nursing Contact Hours and Perfusionist credit via the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP) will be offered.
Corexcel is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the ANCC’s Commission on Accreditation.
It is Corexcel’s policy to ensure independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all programming. In compliance with the ANCC and ABCP, Corexcel requires that faculty disclose all financial relationships with commercial interests within the past 12 months.
Participants may choose to claim ANCC Contact Hours, Perfusionist CEUs, or a Certificate of Attendance.
Nursing Contact Hours
The nursing continuing education credit for this conference is being brought to you through a joint providership agreement between The Society of Thoracic Surgeons and Corexcel.
Corexcel is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
Corexcel designates this educational activity for a maximum of 29.99 nursing contact hours as follows:
- Wednesday, October 26, Intermacs/Pedimacs: 9.13
- Wednesday, October 26, General Thoracic Surgery Database: 8.21
- Thursday, October 27, Adult Cardiac Surgery Database: 8.37
- Friday, October 28, Congenital Heart Surgery Database: 9.52
- On-Demand Content, General Session: 1.65
The American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP) has approved this activity for Category I Recertification CEUs as follows:
- Wednesday, October 26, Intermacs/Pedimacs: 11.0
- Wednesday, October 26, General Thoracic Surgery Database: 9.9
- Thursday, October 27, Adult Cardiac Surgery Database: 10.2
- Friday, October 28, Congenital Heart Surgery Database: 11.5
- On-Demand Content, General Session: 2.0
This program has been approved by The American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion for a maximum of 36.3 CEUs. Perfusionists should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
STS urges all participants to be aware of their own state board or certifying agency continuing education and/or certification requirements, particularly in regard to the length of time a certificate must be kept by the learner.
All accreditation details are available on the virtual meeting platform.