The STS National Database participant logo, in four color, grayscale, and black/white styles (collectively the “STS National Database Participant logo” or the “logo”), is the property of The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (“STS”). The logo may be used by STS National Database Participants to promote their active participation in the Database, including but not limited to associated STS public reporting initiatives. The logo will be updated annually, and a current License Agreement will be required for each calendar year.
In consideration for the above identified applicant’s representation and warranty that it is a bona fide Participant in one or more components of the STS National Database and will remain a Participant during the calendar year for which the license is sought (“Participant” as defined in one or more currently binding STS National Database Participation Agreements to which the applicant is a party), coupled with the applicant’s agreement to comply with the following terms and conditions, STS hereby grants to the applicant (hereinafter the “licensee”) authority to use the logo during the calendar year for which the license is granted:
- Any failure by the licensee to comply with the terms and conditions contained herein may result in the immediate revocation of this license, in addition to any other sanctions imposed by STS. The interpretation and enforcement (or lack thereof) of these terms and conditions, and compliance therewith, shall be made by STS in its sole discretion.
- The STS National Database Participant logo is made available in eps and jpg formats, in four color, grayscale, and black/white. The logo may not be revised or altered in any way and must be displayed in the same form as produced by STS, without any accompanying elements that could give rise to the impression of a composite or otherwise different mark. The official colors of the logo are maroon and black.
- The STS National Database Participant logo must be used in a professional manner, and may be reproduced or displayed on the licensee’s business cards, stationery, or website; in press releases, newsletters, or advertisements; or in any other comparable manner. If the logo is posted electronically, it must link to www.sts.org/database. The logo may not be used in any manner that, in the sole discretion of STS: discredits STS or tarnishes its reputation and goodwill; is false or misleading; violates the rights of others; violates any law, regulation, or other public policy; or mischaracterizes the relationship between STS and the licensee, including but not limited to any use of the logo that might be reasonably construed as an endorsement, approval, sponsorship, or certification by STS of the licensee, the licensee’s business or organization, or the licensee’s products or services, or that might be reasonably construed as support or encouragement to purchase or utilize the licensee’s products or services.
- The logo shall remain at all times the sole and exclusive intellectual property of STS. STS shall have the right, from time to time, to request samples of the logo use from which it may determine compliance with these terms and conditions. Without further notice, STS reserves the right to prohibit use of the logo if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the licensee’s logo usage, whether willful or negligent, is not in strict accordance with the terms and conditions of this License Agreement.
- The licensee hereby acknowledges STS’s exclusive right, title and interest in and to the STS National Database Participant logo, and agrees that all uses of the logo hereunder will inure to the benefit of STS.
- The licensee agrees to adhere to all policies associated with participation in the STS National Database, including but not limited to the Policy Statement on Public Dissemination of Quality Ratings and the Guidelines on Use of STS National Database and Database-Derived Information.
For more information, contact Jennifer Bagley, STS Media Relations Manager, at Jennifer Bagley or 312-202-5865.
By checking "I AGREE" below, I signify that I have the authority to act on behalf of the STS National Database Participant identified by the PID number entered below and, on behalf of the National Database Participant identified by the PID number entered below, I agree to abide and be bound by this STS National Database Participant Logo Usage License Agreement.