Minor data requests are available to current STS National Database participants interested in ad hoc queries of Database data for internal quality improvement purposes. If you are seeking data for research purposes, please refer to the STS Research Center’s Minor Data Requests page.
- The intended use of minor request results is for internal quality improvement. Results may not be used for research, external scientific presentation, or publication.
- Data generated for a minor data request do not include multivariable modeling or complex statistical analysis and cannot be combined with or compared against externally sourced data.
- Surgeon-level data may not be requested.
- Database participants may submit minor data requests for the Database component(s) in which they participate.
- STS will accept one minor data request per Database participant per year.
Minor Data Request Review Process
- STS receives a data request form and an automated message is sent out to confirm receipt right away. The requestor should expect a separate email to confirm the initiation of a formal MDR process from STS.
- STS conducts an internal review of the data request. If the request is not approved, STS notifies the requestor accordingly. If approved, the request continues through the review process.
- The STS National Database analytics center generates an estimate of hours required to complete the requested analysis:
- If the data request requires 4 hours or less of analytic time, STS notifies the requestor regarding the approval of his/her request, and the analytics center begins work. Once the work is complete, the results are emailed to the requestor. The processing time for a minor data request is approximately 4 to 6 weeks.
- If the data request requires more than 4 hours of analytics time, STS is unable to approve it. The requestor is notified accordingly.
For more information, contact Banu Yagci, STS Quality Measures Manager.