It's not too late to purchase online access to the content presented at AQO 2023! Purchase now to access the library of session recordings and on-demand content housed on the Learning Center. STS members receive a discount when purchasing! Please note, you have until December 14, 2023 to purchase.
View On-demand Content
AQO registrants can log in to the Learning Center to view the on-demand content. Recordings of all lectures and discussions have been added to the site. Purchasers have access to all course content until September 2024. You must log in with your STS credentials to access the recordings. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with your login credentials.
Don’t forget, the deadline to complete an online evaluation and claim continuing education credit for AQO 2023 is December 29, 2023.
Hot Topics Webinars:
Each registry will also host an AQO Hot Topics webinar in December, 2023; we will bring back meeting speakers and give virtual attendees a chance to ask questions. The meeting includes valuable research and best practices from STS National Database professionals, all with the goal of improving data collection and patient outcomes.
Congenital Heart Surgery Database
Tuesday, December 5, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET
- Welcome and Database ( Ram Subramanyan)
- Coding Ross Procedure (Jody Holmen)
- STS Audit Experience–A Data Manager Perspective (Meg Srokose)
- Audit Hot Topics (Angie Ebel, Diane Hersey)
- Coding Discharge (Chasity Wellnitz)
- Mortality (Leslie Wacker)
Adult Cardiac Surgery Database
Thursday, December 7, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. ET
- MultiValve and MultiProcedural Composites (Jeffrey Jacobs and Robert Habib)
- Frailty (Moritz Wyler von Ballmoos)
- Deep Sternal Wound (Glenn Whitman, Amy Geltz, Kim Meraglio)
- Stroke (Glenn Whitman, Amy Geltz, Kim Meraglio)
- Maze (Dawn Hui, Kali Carroll)
- Concurrent Data Collection (Cindy Spears)
- Executive Summary Dashboard (Sneak Peak) (Carole Krohn)
- Registry Reimbursement (Keith Horvath)
General Thoracic Surgery Database
Tuesday, December 12, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET
Thursday, December 14, 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. ET
- Welcome (Frank Pagani)
- Live Data Downloads and Useful Tools Live (Devin Koehl)
- Panel Discussion/Open Q&A (Devin Koehl, Frank Pagani, James Kirklin, Patricia Potter, Kathryn Hollifield)
- Hemocompatibility - Neurodysfunction, Pump Thrombosis, and Device Malfunction (Jonathan Grinstein)
- Panel Discussion/Open Q&A (Jonathan Grinstein, Frank Pagani, James Kirklin, Patricia Potter, Kathryn Hollifield)
- Coordinators Experience (Rebecca Harap)
- Coordinators Experience (Sheena Lamon)
- Panel Discussion/Open Q&A (Rebecca Harap, Sheena Lamon, Frank Pagani, James Kirklin, Patricia Potter, Kathryn Hollifield)
- Right Heart Failure (Sylvia Laudun)
- Panel Discussion (Sylvia Laudun, Frank Pagani, James Kirklin, Patricia Potter, Kathryn Hollifield)
You’ll need your STS Member ID to receive the discounted member rate. Database participation is not the same as STS membership (e.g., Surgeon or Associate Membership). Your 6-digit STS Member ID is not your site or Database participant ID. For help with your STS Member ID, please contact Member Services.
Education Disclosure Policy
This meeting is being provided through an educational partnership between Corexcel and The Society of Thoracic Surgeons. Nursing Contact Hours and Perfusionist credit via the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP) will be offered.
Corexcel is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education, California provider #CEP 13687. Corexcel is approved as a provider of continuing nursing professional development through the Florida Board of Nursing, provider #50-452, and reports completions to CE Broker.
It is Corexcel’s policy to ensure independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all programming. In compliance with the California and Florida Boards of Nursing and ABCP, Corexcel requires that faculty disclose all financial relationships with commercial interests within the past 12 months.
Participants may choose to claim Nursing Contact Hours, Perfusionist CEUs, or a Certificate of Attendance.