Cardiothoracic surgery coders, surgeons, office managers, medical billing specialists, physician assistants, nurses, and anyone else involved in the coding, reimbursement, and compliance efforts for the cardiothoracic surgery team.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify new CPT codes, updates, and payment policies affecting cardiothoracic surgery coding for 2024.
- Relate the importance of specificity and identification of services provided in a patient encounter.
- Recognize coding and reimbursement criteria in order to identify and capture relevant documentation elements efficiently.
- Explain common coding issues for each subspecialty and how they should be reported and resolved.
- Discuss the 2024 changes to the E/M codes and guidelines.
- Summarize the necessary documentation and regulations relevant to critical care and cardiothoracic surgery E/M services for 2024.
Live Q&A and Discussion Schedule
Agenda subject to change.
Friday, February 23
4 p.m. ET – 4:15 p.m. ET – Welcome/Introductions
4:15 p.m. ET – 5:30 p.m. ET – Adult Cardiac Q&A
5:30 p.m. ET – 6:15 p.m. ET – Vascular Surgery Q&A
6:15 p.m. ET – 7:00 p.m. ET – E/M, Critical Care, Telehealth Q&A
Saturday, February 24
10 a.m. ET – 11 a.m. ET – Congenital Cardiac Q&A
11 a.m. ET – 12 p.m. ET – Esophageal Q&A
12 p.m. ET – 12:30 p.m. ET – Break
12:30 p.m. ET – 1:30 p.m. ET – General Thoracic Q&A
1:30 p.m. ET – 2 p.m. ET – Physician Documentation Q&A
(through Jan. 17, 2023)
(Jan. 18 – Feb. 24)
|STS Members and Their Employees*||$250||$300|
|Non-Members and Staff Unaffiliated with an STS Member||$300||$350|
*An STS Member ID (6 digits) is required to receive the discounted member rate. For help with an STS Member ID, contact Member Services.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. The exact number of available credits will be provided closer to the event dates.
Continuing Education Credits
STS is currently seeking approval from AAPC for Coding CEUs. Additional information will be provided upon approval.