An online COVID-19 resource center has been developed with several components for you to use:
- Summer Series Webinars
- Webinar Series: Cardiothoracic Surgery in the COVID Crisis
- Episode 8: Looking Forward - Post-COVID Recovery and Impacts on the Field is on YouTube.
- Episode 7: Impact on Residency and Training is on YouTube.
- Episode 6: Global Summit on Reactivating Cardiothoracic Surgery Programs is on YouTube.
- Episode 5: Rebooting Your Valve Program is on YouTube.
- Episode 4: Stratification of Thoracic Oncology Surgery is on YouTube.
- Episode 3: ECMO Challenges and Considerations is on YouTube.
- Episode 2: Stratifying Patients for Cardiac Operations is on YouTube.
- Episode 1: Candid Conversations with Colleagues from Hot Spots in the US is on YouTube.
- Messages from the STS President are videos and transcripts of videos created by Joseph A. Dearani, MD, about how the Society is responding to the crisis.
- Resource Utilization Tool for Cardiac Surgery helps you triage adult cardiac surgery cases by predicting resource use.
- COVID-19 Resource Prediction Instrument provides a rapid estimate of ventilator hours, ICU time, transfusions, and risk of acute reoperation.
- Resources page that has links to relevant information and resources from a variety of external organizations and entities involved in COVID-19 matters.
As cardiothoracic surgeons and their teams navigate through the upcoming weeks and months, the Society will continue to serve its surgical community by facilitating an opportunity to stay connected, learn from one another, and lean on each other during this historic public health crisis.
Covid-19 and STS Activities
Learn which events have been canceled and other information related to COVID-19 and STS Activities.
Please note: STS and President Joseph Dearani are not sending emails requesting money due to the coronavirus. It is a phishing scam. Please do not respond to this or any other email without checking with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.