Nominations are being accepted for the inaugural Extraordinary Women in Cardiothoracic Surgery Award which recognizes women surgeons who have demonstrated excellence in clinical practice and made other notable contributions to our specialty. Nominees may embody one or more of the following characteristics:
- Excellence and/or innovation in clinical practice (academic or non-academic practice)
- Selfless leadership for our specialty and/or the population we serve including notable public service
- Mentorship/sponsorship of others in the specialty including students, trainees, and peers
- Exceptional advocacy on behalf of the specialty, our patient population, or fellow surgeons/trainees
- Demonstrate integrity, innovation, creativity, and expertise in carrying out day-to-day professional responsibilities
The Women of Achievement Award will be presented live on January 21, 2023, at STS 2023 in San Diego. The award is co-sponsored by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons and the Women in Thoracic Surgery.
Nominations are due on Friday, October 21, 2022.