Hands-On Team Training in Robotic Mitral Valve Repair, Coronary Bypass, and More
Gain extensive, hands-on procedural experience in a state-of-the-art robotics training facility! Specially designed for surgical teams—cardiothoracic surgeons with their bedside assistants, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and others involved with cardiac robotic surgeries—this workshop will allow attendees to perform robotic cardiac surgery procedures in a realistic simulation environment under the guidance of expert surgeons.
Registrants of all skill levels will be led by world-renowned instructors with successful track records in robotic surgery and will practice robotic mitral valve procedures and other intracardiac procedures along with coronary revascularization.
This course is supported by an educational grant from Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
Arman Arghami, MD, MPH, Rochester, MN
Husam H. Balkhy, MD, Chicago, IL
T. Sloane Guy, MD, MBA, Philadelphia, PA
Arnar Geirsson, MD, New Haven, CT
Bob B. Kiaii, MD, Sacramento, CA
This course was designed for the entire cardiac surgical team, including cardiothoracic surgeons with their bedside assistants, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, operating room staff, cardiac anesthesiologists, perfusionists, and others involved with cardiac robotic surgeries.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Define the steps and financial requirements to launch a robotic cardiac surgery program within a hospital setting
- Coordinate the surgical plans for robotic cardiac surgery procedures from beginning to end
- Explain preoperative evaluation, patient selection, and postoperative care pathways
- Describe the multidisciplinary components of building a robotic cardiac surgery program, including hospital administration and health care team personnel
- Identify the ideal prerequisites for surgeon/team selection and the hospital/program selection for starting
- Execute the basic steps of a robotic mitral valve repair procedure and a robotic-assisted coronary artery bypass procedure
STS requires that all professional registrants, faculty, exhibitors, guests, and STS staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their attendance. Attendees are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after the second dose in a two-dose series, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine; and, if eligible, have received a booster shot.
STS has partnered with 42Chat/HealthShield, a third-party SMS texting-based service that will manage the collection of vaccine documentation. You will need to provide a telephone number through which you can be reached by SMS texting. Attendees will receive an invitation with instructions on how to upload their proof of vaccination around early April.
In addition, Intuitive Surgical Inc. is implementing additional safety measures for visitors entering its facilities. All visitors must complete the following:
- Daily Confirmation of Visitor Eligibility/COVID-19 Health Attestation
- Intuitive Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Prohibited Devices Agreement
- Training and Cadaver Waiver
By registering for the STS Workshop on Robotic Cardiac Surgery, you agree to share your email address with Intuitive Surgical, Inc., for the purpose of accepting visitor terms and conditions.
Local Testing Locations
5985 Peachtree Pkwy
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
5304 Buford Hwy
Norcross, GA 30071
|Peachtree Immediate Care
3720 Holcomb Bridge Rd.
Norcross, GA 30092
3607 Parkway Lane, Suite 300
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Physician Assistants (PAs) may claim AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for completing this activity.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons designates this other activity (blended live and enduring material) for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.