Thank you to the 300+ surgeons, trainees, and industry partners who gathered in Cartagena, Colombia, and helped make this year's meeting a rousing success! The program included discussions and explorations of the latest techniques, technologies, and best practices in the treatment of coronary artery disease, congenital heart disease, thoracic aortic disease, atrial fibrillation, and the surgical management of heart failure.
Catch up with conference activity, photos, and recollections by browsing #LatAmCardiac2022.
Conference registrants can access presenters' slides and complete an evaluation in the STS Learning Center.
In addition to the invited lectures and keynote presentations, the program will include original scientific abstracts in oral and poster sessions, technical videos related to procedural expertise, trials and quality outcomes sessions, and interactive panel discussions. The final day of the conference will conclude with industry-sponsored hands-on workshops that focus on mitral and tricuspid valve repair and aortic valve repair/valve sparing and the Ross procedure.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Evaluate the impact of new knowledge and the application of new technology on the treatment of cardiovascular diseases
- Discuss surgical techniques in order to improve the standard of care for cardiovascular patients
- Review the results of clinical and laboratory investigations designed to reveal new knowledge of cardiovascular disease
- Describe the multidisciplinary approach to coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, thoracic aorta disease, atrial fibrillation, and the surgical management of heart failure
- Discuss quality improvement as it pertains to pediatric cardiac surgery
- Describe new surgical strategies in neonates and children with congenital heart disease
(Until October 18)
(October 19 - December 1)
|Non-Physician (Allied Health)||$200||$250|
|Local Surgical Resident (Colombia only)||$125||$125|
The room block at the Hilton Cartagena Hotel is sold out. STS has secured rooms at the InterContinental Cartagena de Indias (approximately 1.5km from the Hilton). To reserve a room, visit the InterContinental site. Choose "English" from the dropdown options in the upper right and book. The standard 19% VAT will be waived on any bookings. There is an optional tourist tax of $3 per room per night.
Registration and Housing: Contact the STS Meetings department.
Program: Contact the STS Education department.