STS is accepting abstract, session proposal, and surgical video submissions for the 59th Annual Meeting in San Diego, California. The deadline is Friday, July 22, 2022.
Submit abstracts for oral presentations and scientific posters. Categories include:
- Adult cardiac surgery
- Congenital heart surgery
- General thoracic surgery
- Basic science research
- Critical care and perioperative management
- Quality improvement
- Cardiothoracic surgical education
- Physician/provider wellness
Late-Breaking Promissory Abstracts
If you are involved in Phase I, II, or III clinical trials for which no preliminary data will be available by the July 22 deadline, you can submit a promissory abstract (data must be available by December 16, 2022).
Compelling session ideas showcase emerging, innovative, and/or critical issues facing the profession. An agenda with speakers and presentation titles must be included in the proposal.
Session types include:
- Plenary – keynote lecturer, panel, or discussion that would be of interest to all attendees
- Parallel – Ask the Experts panel, pro/con debate, surgical video, or case presentation that would be of interest to a particular discipline or segment of attendees and would occur at the same time as other educational offerings
- Hands-on – wet lab and/or simulator session
- Other – any new and innovative ideas, topics, or formats that don’t fit into the above
STS also seeks submissions of unique surgical videos for presentation. These could feature difficult cases, novel or advanced surgical techniques, or innovative educational approaches.
To access the submission website, you will need to log into the STS web portal with your username and password. If you have trouble logging in, contact STS Member Services.