NOW OPEN! Submit Abstracts and Session Proposals
- Session Proposals: Thursday, July 1, 2021, at 4:00 p.m. ET
- Abstracts: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, at 4:00 p.m. ET
Compelling session ideas are now being accepted for STS 2022 that showcase emerging, innovative, and/or critical issues facing the profession. An agenda with speakers and presentation titles must be included in the proposal.
Session types include:
- Plenary – keynote lecturer, panel, or discussion that would be of interest to all attendees
- Parallel – Ask the Experts panel, pro/con debate, surgical video, or case presentation that would be of interest to a particular discipline or segment of attendees and would occur at the same time as other educational offerings
- Hands-on – wet lab and/or simulator session
- Other – any new and innovative ideas, topics, or formats that don’t fit into the above
Submit abstracts for oral presentations, scientific posters, and surgical videos.
- Adult cardiac surgery
- Congenital heart surgery
- General thoracic surgery
- Basic science research
- Critical care, cardiopulmonary failure, and transplantation
- Quality improvement
- Cardiothoracic surgical education
- Physician/provider wellness
Late-Breaking Promissory Abstracts
If you are involved in Phase I, II, or III clinical trials for which no preliminary data will be available by the August 3 deadline, you can submit a promissory abstract (data must be available by December 13, 2021).
To access the websites for session proposals and abstract submissions you will need to log into the STS Web Portal with your username and password. If you have trouble logging in, contact STS Member Services.
Be the First to Know
Provide your contact information if would like to be notified when STS 2022 registration opens.